In the digital times that we live in today, libraries strive to accommodate library patrons needs to reach for help through as many channels as possible. McMillen library is not an exception. We try to serve all of our users according to what they prefer.
Starting this fall semester you will find many convenient ways to reach out to us, whether your are physically on campus or studying remotely:
- Use our Ask-A-Librarian form to ask a question. We will get back with you pretty quick. These questions are given our absolute priority.
- Don't have time for emails, text us via SMS message (text (260) 909-8959)
- Need an instant response - try our new Chat service (currently available during limited hours)
- Struggling with research - an Online Consultation with our expert librarians is just a step away (via Microsoft TEAMS)
- Know one of McMillen Librarians in person? Don't hesitate to send us an email directly.
- Need to schedule a library instruction session for your class?
- Have a book/journals/magazine suggestion for us?
- Need to get a book/article we don't own?
- Have comments/ideas/suggestions for our library?
- Reach out by clicking on the links above or explore our new Ask-A-Librarian service, where you will find all of these and more.
- Stuck with a research for assignment problem outside of the library hours? Try out Research Guides and FAQ section. You may find your answers there.
- And don't forget - old fashioned phone calls and drop offs in person are always very welcome!